Error messageWarning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in theme_pager_link() (line 637 of /data/www/drupal/includes/pager.inc).
(161 - 162 of 162)
- Young men announce intention not to serve SADF, Cape Town
- Cape Town (South Africa), Western Cape (South Africa), South African Defence Force, Politics, Apartheid, Demonstrations
- Refusing to serve - These young men announced their intention yesterday not to serve in the South African Defence Force (SADF). They are (back, from left) Peter Hope, Michael Briggs, David Green, Mark Behr, Glenn Goosen, Michael Rautenbach, Jean du Plessis, Luke Cornell, Timothy Honey, Pieter van der Riet and David Waddilove; (front, from left) Crispian Olver, Jaco Malan, Andrew Merrifield, Bernard Le Roux, Dr Ivan Toms, Jonathan Melunsky, Jonathan Shapiro, Nathan Honey, Andries du Toit and Ben Schoeman. Two other groups members, David Schmidt and Robert Snetlage, were not present at the meeting.
- Members of the Coloured Representative Council, Cape Town
- Cape Town (South Africa), Western Cape (South Africa), Apartheid, Politics
- Coloured Representative Council (CRC). Here are 58 of the 60 members of the CRC, pictured during the first sitting last year. Front row )from left): P.J. Pietersen (Wupperthal), Mrs M.M. Gabriels (nominated), S.S. Cloete (Steinkopf), A.C. Jacobs (O.F.S. North, W.J. Louw (Protea), G. du Preez (Swartberg), W.J. Bergins (nominated), L.W. Holander (Karoo), T.R. Swartz (nominated), I.S. Petersen (nominated), P.T. Sanders (O.F.S. South), S.M. Brown (Haarlem), M.D. Arendse (Tafelberg), J.E. Nash (Eastern Cape), E.G. Rooks (Greenwood Park), G.J. Fortuin (Breerivier), Mrs Nora Potts (Outeniqua), M.T. Fakier (Southern Cape), E.D. Dunn (Natal Country), F.E. Peters (Heideveld), E. Domindo (Rust-Ter-Vaal). Second Row (From left): H.J. Coverdale (Northern Transvaal), D.S. Habelgaarn (nominated), J.A. Rabie (Reigerpark), J. Poley (nominated), J.A. Ferris (nominated), E.C. Swales (nominated), G.I. Julies (Gelvandale), L.S. Leon (Diamant), A. Stanley (Liesbeek), W.D. Plaatjies (O.F.S. Central), W.E. Johannes (Kasselsvlei), P.J.J. Meyer (Genadendal). Third row (from left): J. Muller (nominated), S.P.J. Smith (Adendorp), J.C. Inglis (nominated), W.J. Swarts (Witwatersrand), A.J.L. Winnaar (nominated), A.A.S. le Fleur (nominated), Solly Essop (Bokkeveld), W. Pieterse (nominated), J.D. Pietersen (Rietvlei), J.C. Osthuizen (Mamre), W.J. Meyer (Bonteheuwel), Dr. R.H Arende (Berg Rivier), V. Sass (Elisiesrivier). Fourth row (From left): A. Adams (nominated), P. Swartz (Nominated), D.E. September (nominated), P.J. Jacobs (nominated), W.S. Africa (nominated), Dr. C.C. Pilcher (nominated), E.F. Jones (Strandfontein), H.J. Hendrickse (Bethelsdorp), F.W. Theron Kalahari), N.S. Middleton (Wentworth), L.V. du Preez (Newclare), J.L. Segers (Fissh River). Absent: D.M.G. Curry (Pniel), M.B. Savahl (nominated). Nominated members are those appointed to the council by the government.